Top 6 Benefits of Invisalign® Clear Braces
The world of dentistry has witnessed several innovations and advancements that have bettered treatment methods and techniques. Today, you do not have to rely on one type of oral appliance to get the job done.
In orthodontics, for example, patients can have their teeth straightened without necessarily using metal braces. Invisalign® braces have become the go-to solution for many orthodontic patients across the world, adults and children alike.
What Are Invisalign Braces?
They are teeth aligners used in orthodontics to straighten malpositioned teeth. Invisalign clear braces near you are alternatives to traditional metal braces, presenting many unique features that make them likable. Some of them include:
- The material used – Invisalign clear braces near Katy, TX, are made of a plastic-like material, instead of metal brackets and wires.
- Color – dentists in Katy, TX, will tell you that traditional metal braces come in conspicuous colors, usually, those of the color of the metal used. With clean aligners though, the material used to make them is transparent. When placed over teeth, you can barely notice the clear aligners when one smiles.
How Do Invisalign Aligners Work?
Once you visit an orthodontist near you, they examine your teeth to find the problem. Any number of issues can be corrected with invisible aligners, including improper bites, crooked teeth, and spaces between teeth. The orthodontist also has to determine whether or not clear braces are suitable to treat your problem since these braces are best suited for mild and moderate orthodontic problems.
Invisalign clear braces are fashioned based on models of your teeth. A dentist will create a treatment plan for which the aligners will be used to move and rotate your teeth. The entire process relies on bone regeneration, which is the creation of new bone tissue to support your teeth in their new position. To achieve this, the braces work by applying controlled pressure on your teeth continuously over a pre-determined period.
Benefits of Invisalign Braces
Given how popular invisible teeth braces are today, here are some of the reasons why the popularity continues to catch on across the globe:
- They are comfortable to wear – no metal brackets and wires are crossing over your teeth when wearing Invisalign aligners. The material used to make invisible braces is plastic-like, giving them a smooth glide over your teeth. Invisalign clear braces in 77450 do not hurt your gums or lips, giving you a comfortable experience.
- Flexibility – the clear aligners are not permanently attached to your teeth throughout your treatment. They are removable. You can, therefore, pick and choose when you want to remove them. This also means that you can eat whatever you want without worrying about damaging your aligners.
- They allow for proper oral hygiene – unless you have tried metal braces before, you may not quite understand how difficult it is to keep your mouth clean. It is hard to get rid of food residue and plaque in between the metal brackets and wires without damaging them. This is not something you will experience with transparent aligners. Invisalign clear braces in Katy, TX, are removable, which means that you can brush and floss your teeth as usual. You also have an easy time cleaning the clear aligners to match the oral hygiene of your oral cavity.
- Cosmetic advantage – the cosmetic benefit of clear aligners is what makes them very popular in the world. They feature a transparent material, which allows you to showcase your smile while undergoing treatment. Some patients have been able to start and finish their orthodontic treatments without anyone necessarily finding out about it.
- They help improve your bite – the whole point of using clear aligners is not just to beautify the appearance of your smile. When your teeth are properly positioned on the jawbone, they improve your bite. This can significantly boost the functionality of your mouth by making activities like chewing and biting foods much more effective than before.
- They encourage routine dental visits – during your orthodontic treatment, your dentist may become your new best friend. You need frequent visits to a dental office, usually after about 6 weeks or so. The visits are when your dentist will change your clear aligners for new ones. Every couple of months, the clear aligners are replaced with new ones which are tighter than the previous ones.